What is this award about?
This is an initiative to recognize young Indian-Americans living in and around Charlotte who have established or currently lead a nonprofit organization. In addition to their own academic pursuits, the winner would have dedicated themselves in meaningful ways to the pursuit of public good, and made a
significant difference in the lives of others, whether in India or here locally.
How is the winner recognized?
Every year, we honor one young person who stands out for their passion and demonstrated level of impact on the lives of others. The winner is recognized on Belk Theater stage during the annual Festival of India and awarded a plaque and cash prize to benefit the winner’s nonprofit organization.
How to Apply?
- Register yourself on the India Association of Charlotte website (unless already registered). To complete the registration you will have to validate your email address by clicking on a link that will be emailed to you.
- Read and agree to all the eligibility criteria listed below.
- Fill out the online application form.
What Information and documents are needed to complete the application?
- Mission Statement or an equivalent founding document
- A 500-700 word narrative describing your non-profit and its impact on society
- Non-Profit IRS EIN#
- Copy of IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
- Copy of the most recent IRS Form 990
- Copy of the organization ‘s Budget or Income/Expense statement, for current financial year
- Two testimonials from beneficiaries
What is the Application Deadline?
July 1st of every year
What happens after the deadline?
A panel of three independent judges will evaluate the submitted applications and choose the winner.
The winner will be notified soon thereafter. The decision of the panel will be final and not subject to
What if I have further questions?
Contact Niketa Mittal at (732)-586-6075 or email@example.com
What are the eligibility criteria?
- You must be of Asian Indian descent living in the Charlotte area.
- You must be in high school or an undergraduate in college.
- You must have founded/led an NGO with the mission of meeting some critical need within the community, either locally or in India.
- Your organization must be an IRS Non-Profit 501 (c) (3) registered in NC or SC.
- Your organization must be actively running for at least two years in a disciplined manner with an active Board of Directors.
- You must have a bank account for all transactions done in support of your organization.
Yes, I am eligible to apply. Please take me to the application form.