As a Souvenir vendor at the FOI (Festival of India), you are required to adhere to the follow the following guidelines throughout the duration of this event.
- Products and Services displayed by the souvenir vendor must be uniquely Indian, in that they materially relate to and enhance depiction and propagation of Indian culture.
- FOI has full discretion on approving the kind of Products or Services to be displayed at the festival. Each Vendor registration with FOI is non-transferable. Vendors may not sublet or share their booth or any part thereof. Violations of any of these guidelines will result in vendor being asked to leave the festival and forfeit all fees paid.
- You will be provided with two 6 feet tables and two chairs.
- Sign of each vendor name will be provided by FOI.
- Vendor will ensure liability coverage protection against any damage, loss, harm or injury to its employees, agents or visitors at the festival event, and absolve Festival of India of any and all liability.
- FOI will guide and provide overall direction for setup and coordination.
- Vendor booth must be setup by 10:30 AM on both days of the festival.
- Street closings are monitored by the City Police. You will be allowed to park near your booth for the purpose of loading & unloading only.
- All vehicles must be off the festival street site by 10:30 AM. This is enforced by police and after that time, any vehicles still on the street will be towed, at the expense of vendor/owner of the vehicle.
- All day parking options are available near the festival site, at a number of parking decks, at vendor expense.
- Vendor will be totally responsible for satisfying all license and tax compliance issues mandated by the state of NC, related to all transactions in your Booth.
- City of Charlotte provides adequate safety during the festival. But security of the products in the booths is the sole responsibility of the vendor.
- FOI date is reserved and committed with the Charlotte Shout in advance. A week before, we start monitoring the weather forecast diligently. But the festival will take place no matter the weather! We expect you to keep an eye on the weather as well and come prepared for whatever Mother Nature has in store for us during the festival weekend.
- A couple of Sanitizing stations will be placed around the venue, for use primarily by visitors and others.
- We strongly recommend that you bring additional sanitizing supplies like masks, gloves, and extra sanitizer.
- You will be responsible for sanitizing your booth and all the merchandise, on an
- It is mandatory for you to follow all Federal, State, City and Charlotte Shout guidelines, related to the Covid pandemic.
Refund/Cancellation policy: We understand that sometimes things do not go as planned, because of factors beyond our control. Here is our refund policy:
- Full Refund if cancelled in Phase I of the Registration.
- 70% Refund – If cancellation requested 30 days before the start date of the festival.
- 40% Refund - Within 30 days of the start date of the festival.
- No Refund – Within 10 days of the start date of the festival.
- No Refund – if inclement weather disrupts activity on the street.
- If the Festival of India 2021 gets cancelled due to risks related to Corona Virus, Vendors will get a full refund of their charges paid.
- In case of Medical emergency, Vendor will be asked to provide appropriate medical documentation. Souvenir vendor management Committee reserves the right for further process/ Refunds.
- You are expected to behave professionally with courtesy, in all your dealings with festival organizers, sponsors, participants and visitors. Violations of any of these guidelines will result in immediate removal from the festival with forfeiture of all fees paid. The decision of the Souvenir Vendor team is final and binding.
- Vendor will assume liability coverage protection, in case of any damage, loss, harm or injury to its agents, employees or visitors at the festival event, and absolve Festival of India of any and all liability